Education and Experience
- BS or MS in computer science or similar computer-oriented major is required
- Five (5) + years of relevant experience a wide variety of server, desktop and networking and telecommunications technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures and trade studies.
- Ability to troubleshoot network incidents and provide a resolution report to management and / or customer.
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with customers of all levels, management and peers.
- Ability to interact with all team members in a mentoring role. This includes assistance in troubleshooting, and transferring knowledge in regards to systems and topologies deployed.
- Proficiency with workstations, printers, and major applications.
- Proficiency with network equipment or servers.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge in the Network Engineering (CCNA, CCNP, DNS / DHCP, Firewall, VLAN, SAN, etc.) and Systems Engineering (e.g. AD / EX, MCSE, SharePoint) track
- Proficient with Cisco Switching, Multi Path high availability, GLBP, HSRP, QoS, routing protocols , BGP), OSPF, EIGRP), WLAN, Prefix Lists, NAT, PAT, MPLS, VoIP, video, IDS / IPS, NAC, Cisco Wireless Access Points and firewalls.
- Experience in various Windows OS versions, AD / EX.
- Ability to develop and execute address plans for IPv4, IPv6 and ITU E.164
Security Clearance Requirement:
- TS / SCI clearance or can be cleared
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer