VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Junior Staff Accountant to support our VariQ office in Rockville, MD
Under general supervision, is responsible for various functions of the accounting process, with a focus on Accounts Receivable (A/R) and time entry collection. Trains under senior staff accountant, and is expected to be very communicative regarding status of assignments, general monthly activities, etc. Using established procedures, analyzes departmental fiscal data, programs and operations. Applies fundamental accounting concepts to enter data, make necessary corrections, and ensure overall reconciliation of the general ledger.
Communicates on a daily basis with both internal and external “customers” of the accounting department, in a professional manner and on a timely basis.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable knowledge of accounting principles, and procedures
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Basic understanding of debits and credits
- Reasonable ability to utilize current word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and Internet software
- Ability to utilize computer software to provide fiscal analysis
- Ability to plan and complete assignments within deadline
- Ability to initiate improvements in accounting operations
- Knowledge of Unanet preferred
- Knowledge of Pivot Tables preferred
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
Experience: 1-3 years
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree in related field (Finance, Accounting, etc.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.