VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Symantec Altiris SME to support the Navy effort in Florida.
With CMS, the customer is trying to leverage the entire product. Inventory, Patch Management, Software Management, and IT Analytics, and reporting. Asset, they want to manage the entire life Cycle of a machine, and license compliance. On the server, they would be looking to bring everything under one console, and manage the patching, inventory, VM management, etc.
Shall provide enduring capability to provide support to the Altiris infrastructure.
The Contractor shall provide the following Altiris support:
• Design, plan, and implement modifications/upgrades to existing Altiris v7.1 environment focusing on Service Desk
• Provide technical support, troubleshooting and complex problem resolution on escalated issues while monitoring and maintaining application environment stability.
• Configure the Service Catalog for the enterprise
• Implement solutions for software and baseline image deployment
• Manage and configure CMS 7.1 including plug-ins and policies
• Use tasks and policies to deploy applications, endpoint operating systems, and personalities
• Configure the Software Portal to deliver applications
• Download, stage, and deploy software updates
• Create custom reports as requested by senior management or customer
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Analyze and assess client/server architecture requirements and identify optimum, costeffective solutions
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to identify and support technology advancements
• Work closely with other system architects and project manager to develop, plan and implement system enhancements and upgrades
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to identity, isolate, and resolve technical design issues and hardware/software malfunctions
• Produce clear and concise documentation capturing system configuration, design, and standard operating procedures, using MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word
• Collaborate with client, server and other internal/external teams to identify support and technology advancements.
In addition to mandatory qualifications, personnel assigned shall have the following qualifications:
• Senior Altiris Administrator - Bachelors degree and at least 8 years of IT experience
• At least 6 years of Altiris experience
• Solid understanding of the following Symantec products:
• Symantec Service Desk 7.1
• Altiris Client Management Suite 7.1
• Altiris Asset Management Suite 7.1
• Altiris Server Management Suite 7.1
• Altiris Deployment Solution (client and server)
• Proven track record of leading engineering excellence and implementation of global technologies that scale, are manageable, reliable and cost-efficient
• Experience engineering technical solutions to complex requirements
• Experience in managing engineering activities and solid knowledge of the following technologies: Windows 2003 & 2008, Linux Red Hat, VMWare ESX 4.x, SCCM, Active Directory, EMC products, Microsoft clustering and McAfee HBSS
• Experience with Windows XP to Windows 7 migrations and deploying Office 2010 in a global environment
• Fundamental understanding of ITIL
• Strong knowledge of Windows desktop and server security controls and best practice
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.