VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified ETL Developer to support the USPS: ETS (HP) in Virginia.
Responsible for data ingestion and is fluent in enterprise ETL tools like Informatica, Kafaka or Talend. This role will require programming and systems integration skills and support data delivery to the lake for modelling.
- Ensure data flows are correctly ingested into the ecosystem and ensure data quality/management techniques are practiced and implemented.
- Selection / Instrumentation of ETL software
- Maintaining and defining data ingestion rules engine
- Configuration of ETL ecosystems
- Defining and implementing Kafka topologies
- Utilize Apache Spark for ETL development
- Knowledge of HDFS file management
- Utilize BASH/Python scripting to enable ETL execution
- Defines and helps to implement data governance for the Cloudera Cluster.
Able to get Public Trust or Secret Clearance
Education and Experience
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
*ETL development experience like Informatica, Kafaka or Talend
•Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
•Typically 5+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Typical skills include:
• (Expert) in one or more technology sub-areas.
• (Strong) understanding of related technologies.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.