VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified System Hardening Engineer to support the DXC USPS in Morrisville, NC.
General Responsibilities include:
- Provide design and expert technical input & support for engineering network & network security solutions based on recognized standards and best practices.
- Provide planning, design, engineering, implementation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting for our network security infrastructure.
- Implement engineering standards and prepare detailed designs for network security solutions.
- Consult with business partners to develop options consistent with standards, recommendations & associated cost benefits, and provide engineering design for implementation.
- Ensure designs are consistent with standards and practices via peer review and formal design review processes
- Follow all Change Management processes for implementation work.
- Follow all Incident and Problem Management processes for operational support.
- Take part in investigations, analysis, reviews, and evaluations of advanced technologies.
- Provide recommendations to improve existing systems and identify potential issues for escalation and resolution.
- Senior level to work with the Network Connectivity Review Board providing Firewall / IDS / IPS knowledge, customer service, and firewall rule review, etc.
- Have a B.S. or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years related experience in a technical engineering role.
- Excellent communications and network problem solving skills are •
- Detailed working knowledge of networking.
- Engineering experience with network security technologies and configurations Date Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Working knowledge of IT security products and technologies (IDS/IPS, Malware Protection, URL filtering, & ACL configuration)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust / Sensitive Clearance
- Certifications: Security+, CEH, CISSP, CCNA
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Solaris is also desirable.
- It is also preferable if the candidate has experience working in a very large environment and can work well under pressure.
- Ability to program in scripting or more advanced languages such as PERL, Python, Linux Shell Script
- Experience with some or all of the following
* Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) - data leak prevention and protection
* Symantec DeepSight Intelligence - cyber threat intelligence, threat research
* Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) - antivirus and personal firewall software
* WatchDox - secure document sharing, accessing, syncing and control
* Symantec Encryption Mgmt. (SEM) - laptop encryption, external email encryption, etc...
* Symantec Data Center Security (DCS) - always-on agentless anti-malware and threat protection services for VMware
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.