VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Firewall Security Engineer Lead to support the DXC USPS in Morrisville, NC.
Resource who is an expert with firewall management processes and leading practices in large enterprises. Can lead a team in the review of firewall rules for compliance, efficiency and accuracy.
- Experience with network firewalls and rule configuration for Cisco devices
- Good communication skills in dealing with Telecommunications engineers and business owners
- Consult with other members of project team and develop requirements documentation
- Review firewall rule sets and log analysis for inefficient, unneeded and unapproved rules
- Research problems and recommend solutions to improve firewall security
- Support a nationwide implementation of firewalls (Validate, test, and manage firewall rules)
- Familiarity with network discovery tools (e.g. RedSeal)
- 5+ years of related operational experience with managing firewalls in a large enterprise
- Experience leading teams of network security engineers and coordination with external stakeholders.
- Lead a team of professionals in the auditing, review, recommendation and development of large-scale firewall rulesets
- Drive metrics, goals and weekly accomplishments of a team
- Experience with firewall migrations including re-creating rulesets across heterogeneous platforms (e.g. Juniper to Cisco)
- Ability to analyze processes, define improvements and measure success
- Define appropriate metrics and report progress to USPS management
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.