VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Enterprise Security Solution Engineer/Architect to support the DXC USPS in Morrisville, NC.
Provide technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, and implementation. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on email protection.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and operating email protection services in large enterprises:
- Boundary messaging gateways
- Security add-on tools for Microsoft Exchange
- End-point solutions targeted specifically for email protection
- Provide guidance and leadership to determine, develop, plan, test, and implement email protection and security requirements for the enterprise
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into securely designed solutions
- Ability to propose and implement creative solutions to eliminate malicious (e.g. phishing) and unwanted email (e.g. spam, “graymail”)
- Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
- Cross-functional understanding of email operations, security practices and the user experience
- Develop project documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials
- Prepare justifications and business cases for recommendations on CyberSecurity initiatives
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Develop and present program status / metrics to USPS management
- Identify roadblocks and propose effective solutions
- Provide guidance on integrating Presidential Executive Orders and governmentally mandated security controls into the strategic email security plan
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ of proven experience improving enterprise messaging systems and reducing email threats and unwanted messages
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.