VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified IDS/IPS Security Engineer to support the DXC USPS in Morrisville, NC.
Resource who is an expert in IDS/IPS administration and analysis.
The resource should possess the following skills:
- 3+ years of related operational experience for the health and maintenance of IDS/IPS, including installing updates (patches, updates, OS) and system tuning
- Knowledge of (ideally experience with) Cisco Sourcefire in a large enterprise
- Knowledge of (ideally experience with) TrendMicro TippingPoint in a large enterprise
- Experience with a transition from IDS to IPS migration
- Customer focus for supporting a CSOC and TIU
- Experience as a computer system administrator
- Computer security, specifically in Windows/LINUX OS environment
- A thorough understanding of computer TCP/IP Networking
- Experience monitoring system consoles for possible security events and security incidents as a computer security analyst
- Experience conducting incident response duties related to malware infections, DoS attacks, email phishing attacks and ransomware/Command and Control types of incidents
- Experience with Change/Incident/Problem management systems such as ServiceNow
- College Degree in a technical discipline
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.