VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Software Developer to support the DOS effort in Washington, DC.
• Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, delivers, supports, and provides documentation and fixes for existing software applications
• Performs Tier II and III troubleshooting for existing applications, provides support to customers on application issues and problems, and identifies system deficiencies/bugs and recommends and develops solutions
• Improves existing applications as needed by assessing the current state and recommending solutions
• Defines and follows technical approach for meeting application performance, reliability, scalability and security goals
• Follows established processes and develops required document deliverables and prepares detailed specifications for existing applications
Required Professional Qualifications/Skills:
• Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET clearance and a NATO SECRET clearance
• 5+ years of Microsoft .NET Framework (with C# language) hands-on experience
• Experience with the following tools: Visual Studio 2015, Git and SVN, SQL Server Management Studio, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 R2, RHEL 7.3, Remote Desktop, Windows Gateway Server, Windows Remote Session Host Server, Windows Active Directory, Windows Domain Controllers, NSIS, Microsoft Click-once deployment
• Experience with software design, software debugging, software documentation, software testing, software maintenance, software algorithm design, software performance tuning, software architecture
• Experience with SQL Server design/development and support
• Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must have strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work positively with the project stakeholders
• The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology
• Advanced debugging skills so as to also be able to debug system-wide technical problems
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with Jira tools
• Experience training end users on application functionality
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.