VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Database Analyst/Programmer to support the DOS effort in Washington, DC.
• Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET clearance
• Installs, configures, administers, maintains, and troubleshoots database servers and existing applications in multiple environments, including Production, Staging, Development, and at contingency sites, maintaining a high level of system performance and availability
• Monitors database server performance, and provides tuning of databases as needed
• Develops, maintains, and tunes scripts, triggers, and stored procedures
• Performs troubleshooting on existing applications to identify and validate software bugs, and recommend and implement solutions
• Develops enhancements and performance improvements for existing Microsoft SQL applications and automated tasks
• Documents and maintains problem tracking and resolution procedures to ensure proper response to all issues
• Maintains regular software upgrade schedules for applications to ensure maximum system availability and reliability
• Manages and maintains back-ups and recovery process and procedures
• Automates data file imports into SQL Server databases
• Assists in application development, including reviewing and testing changes made by developers for performance and correctness
• Manages and documents change and configuration of servers, databases, and applications
• Performs a full index analysis for all databases. Determine unused indexes and disable if appropriate. Determine missing indexes and investigate process to update or add indexes to better cover data usage.
• Performs all database and server integrity checks; look for objects that break rules.
• Responsible for: data modeling and database design, metadata management and repository usage, database schema creation and management, ensure data integrity and database availability, perform SQL code reviews and walk-throughs, database capacity planning, data security, storage management techniques, and all other aspects of database management
Required Professional Qualifications/Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience with MSSQL Server required
• Experience must include experience with SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2008/2005 and with the following features: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Clustering, Backup Compression, Database Snapshots, Replication (Merge, Transactional, Snapshot, Heterogeneous Subscribers), Change Data Capture (CDC), Table/Index Partitioning, Data Compression, SQL Auditing, Transparent Database Encryption, Extensible Key Management, Role-based Security, Sliding Window Partitioning, Always-On Availability Groups, Contained Databases, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services.
• Experience with the following languages, operating systems, and tools: SQL, T-SQL, ASP, ASP.net, SQL 2008, 2008R2, Windows 7, Windows 10, UNIX/Linux, VMware vCenter Server 6 Standard for vSphere 6, vCenter for Site Recovery Manager 5, Recovery Manager 6 Enterprise, Microsoft Database Migration Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Agent, Microsoft Database Tuning Advisor, Microsoft Visual Studio, Idera SQL Admin Toolset, Microsoft SSAS, SSIS, IIS, Reporting Services, Report Manager, Data Mining, Database Editions: AWS - Management Console, Web, Express
• Must have strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
• Ability to work positively with the project stakeholders
• Advanced debugging skills so as to also be able to debug system-wide technical problem
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology
• Must be highly motivated and organized, self-directed, and have solid execution and follow-up skills
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.