VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Symantec Data Loss Prevention SME to support the Symantec effort in New York City, NY.
Supporting Health Care customer in New York City, NY. Support Customer leadership and technicians for Symantec security products (Vontu/Symantec DLP).
Include supporting the following efforts:
• 3+ years of experience administering, supporting, or consulting on Symantec DLP (Vontu) in a large enterprise customer environment.
• 3+ years of experience in Information Security, including: Incident Response and Remediation, Forensic Analysis, security tools such as security tools such as NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, Backtrack, Encase, Helix, FTK.
• Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
• Working knowledge with compliance and regulation standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA.
• Working knowledge of operating system platforms, routers, web proxies (BlueCoat), network protocols, and security architecture.
• Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Oracle or competitive database platforms.
• Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
• Superb written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Willingness to work out of normal business hours without prior notice (upon customer demand).
Candidates should have expertise with the following product(s):
• Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Ideal candidates will also have expertise with the following product(s):
• Symantec ATP
• Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
Ideal candidates should have a Security+, Network+, or CISSP in good standing (to meet customer certification requirements). Other relevant security certifications that are in good standing may also be acceptable, depending on the role of the consultant.
Former Healthcare experience is preferred.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.