VariQ is seeking a full-time Desktop Technician to provide Tier I and Tier II end user support at the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be assigned to select group of member offices and serve as their primary system administrator responsible for proactive IT maintenance and technical problem solving.
• Provide on-going technical support to US House offices that are using a variety of systems and software, including windows 10 and windows 7 operating systems as well as some MAC OS.
• Administer Routine maintenance on computer systems that will improve its performance, reliability, security and longevity.
• Provide support for House offices in installing and using House supported software, including messaging client software, word processors, web browsers, anti-virus software, and HIR-developed applications
• Able to interact with Executive Level Customers and management in resolving technical problems on an emergency basis
• Provide consulting support to the assigned member offices about the newest technologies and how they best fit the office’s needs
• Confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems.
• 3 years minimum experience providing Tier I and Tier II end user support.
• Flexibility to work 8 hour shift between the hours of 7am to 9pm including some weekends.
• 3 years minimum supporting/troubleshooting experience with current versions of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Outlook
• 3 years minimum experience supporting/troubleshooting experience with Mobile phones, Apple iOS, Android and tablet devices
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Related IT certification preferred (CompTIA certs, Microsoft IT certs)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experiencing using MDT for imaging workstations
• Experiencing Supporting IOS and Android device using Air watch and GOOD
• Windows’s 10 Professional Certification
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
• Experience with Office 365 Cloud migration.
• Relevant Experiencing Supporting MAC OS users with Boot Camp or Parallels software
• Experience with Office 365 Cloud migration
• 1 year minimum supporting/troubleshooting experience supporting clients using remote access software
• Related Bachelor's degree preferred (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.