VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Business Continuity Lead to support the USPS contract in Virginia.
Provide technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, and implementation. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on email protection, for our client located in Falls Church, VA.
Utilizes strong technical and analytical skills to explore and examine previously unforeseen applications of cyber operations with the goal of discovering new ways to provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing intelligence problem. Designs and facilitates implementation of custom application of cyber operations in a complex physical environment for research purposes. The Individual shall apply knowledge and practical experience of Computer Network Operations (CNO, aka CNE or OCO) operational policy, procedures and methodologies to analyze vendor proposals, project plans and deliverables for accuracy and completeness for the government. Uses operational experience as on-net operator and supervisor to develop new operational work-flows and identify top-level technical requirements, cost estimates and schedules for project government lead. As a member of a multi-discipline project team, integrates operational knowledge with technical and threat intelligence information to create holistic capability proposals (to include integration with National Technical Means (NTM) architectures and systems).
• Extensive experience (7+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
• 5+ years in a project coordinator role; solid with planning and scheduling and disseminating
• Skilled Communicator – Facilitator; able to engage and interact with all organizational/cultural levels
• Detail Oriented – Keen eye and ear for errors
• Highly Organized – expert multi-tasker and ability to prioritize, striving for flawless output
• Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into Continuity Standards.
• The candidate will be an expert in Business Continuity, ideally in the Information Technology or Information Security sector.
• Provide a coordination role to support CISO Continuity Coordinator in the management of crisis and serious incidents affecting the welfare of CISO’s people and/or CISO’s critical business operations.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of product and department Business Continuity Plans, working with business owners to ensure these plans remain valid and fit for purpose.
• Conduct regular functional assessments with teams and business owners to quantify Business Continuity requirements and identify required Business Continuity Plans enhancements.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of technology Disaster Recovery Plans for core infrastructure services, working with IT technicians and Infrastructure management to ensure these plans remain valid.
• Coordinate the emergency communications system used by CISO and ensure that all staff are appropriately covered by this system. Conduct regular testing to validate the effectiveness of this system.
• Work with functional partners to manage incidents that affect or may affect business operations.
• Promote awareness of Business Continuity policy, standards, plans, processes and arrangements.
Bachelor degree in an information technology discipline
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
-CompTIA Security +
-CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
-Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, have permanent residence status (Green Card), or a H1B Visa.
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.