VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Business Continuity Specialist to support the USPS contract in Virginia.
The Preparedness Planning, Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Team is responsible for developing CISO’s capability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from any event that disrupts, or threatens to disrupt, normal operations.
• Keeps abreast of emerging cyber technologies and gathers information on data security policies, and legal and regulatory requirements to make informed recommendations toward the development of detailed cyber operations plans
• Reviews an agency’s cybersecurity protocols and operating procedures and makes recommendations for improving its cyber operations plan
• Identifies compliance gaps and collaborates with colleagues and leadership to identify gaps in processes and update cyber operation policies as necessary
• Extensive experience (5+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
• The candidate will have a broad range of Business Continuity experience, ideally in the Information Technology or Information Security sector.
• Maintain Functional Continuity Plans and location specific Business Continuity Plans in accordance with USPS standards.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of product and department Business Continuity Plans, working with business owners to ensure these plans remain valid and fit for purpose.
• Conduct regular functional assessments with teams and business owners to quantify Business Continuity requirements and identify required Business Continuity Plans enhancements.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of technology Disaster Recovery Plans for core infrastructure services, working with IT technicians and Infrastructure management to ensure these plans remain valid.
• Develop the emergency communications system used by CISO and ensure that all staff are appropriately covered by this system. Conduct regular testing to validate the effectiveness of this system.
• Work with functional partners to manage incidents that affect or may affect business operations.
• Promote awareness of Business Continuity policy, standards, plans, processes and arrangements.
• Technical Writer – 1-2 years
Bachelor degree in an information technology discipline or equivalent IT experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more desired)
CompTIA Security +
CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, have permanent residence status (Green Card), or a H1B Visa.
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.