VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Incident Response (Malware Analyst) to support the USPS contract in Raleigh, NC.
Our client seeks a Cyber Security Operations Analyst to examine possibly malicious files, webpages, and network traffic to understand the nature of their threat and to provide information about the method of entry, the intent of the attack, and the impact of the incident then provide recommendations on containment, remediation, detection, and prevention including documentation of indicators of compromise (IOCs). Resource will also lead or assist in implementing the recommendations provided.
• 5+ years’ experience in IT Security
• 3+ years’ experience in malware analysis and forensics
• Strong working knowledge of:
• Static binary analysis techniques
• Live malware analysis techniques
• Disassembly and reverse engineering
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Certifications such as GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) or similar
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have a permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Cannot have more than 6 months cumulative outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members).
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.