VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Java Developer to support the USPS contract in Washington, DC.
• 8+ years advanced computer programming skills in Java/J2EE, Web Services and APIs
• 2+ years advanced computer programming skills in JSF 2.x/RichFaces/PrimeFaces
• Responsible for design, coding, implementing, testing all custom components for the IVS projects.
• Advanced working skills in programming with SQL or Oracle.
• 5+ years of experience in systems analysis and working closely with business customer
• Experience with Subversion, code versioning and change management concepts
• Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
• Experience with requirements definition and specifications design
• Experience analyzing functional requirements in Sprints to write component detailed design technical documents.
• Able to design and build systems that are integrated with other client systems
• Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development
• Advanced working skills with IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle WebLogic technologies
• Experience with Eclipse IDE.
• Experience with WebSphere Liberty.
• Experience with Maven, Sonar and Jenkins
• Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
• Able to adhere to client development standards
• Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have a permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the US for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.