- Will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research.
- Support a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center and monitors security tools and provides first tier response to security incidents
- Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents under the supervision of Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff.
Certifications (one or more desired)
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- 3+ years of related experience on a Computer Incident Response Team, Computer Emergency Response Team, Computer Security Incident Response Center, or Security Operations Center
- Bachelor's degree in information technology discipline or equivalent experience required
- Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
- All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have a permanent residence status (Green Card).
Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past five years.
- Cannot have more than 6 months travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.