VariQ is seeking a full-time BlueCoat SME supporting Public Sector customer in Quantico, VA. Support Customer leadership and technicians for the following Symantec network protection products:
• Blue Coat ProxySG
• Blue Coat Management Center
• Blue Coat Reporter
• Blue Coat Malware/Content Analysis
Responsibilities include supporting the following efforts:
• Assist in the hands-on implementation of Symantec solutions.
• Provide Symantec subject matter expertise and thought leadership as an extended member of a customer team.
• Provide guidance, recommendations, best practices, etc. for Symantec solution operations.
• Stabilize and optimize Symantec solution system performance, including rules and reports.
• Assist with Symantec solution component upgrades, installs, testing and configuration.
• Liaise with Symantec Support, Engineering, Product Management, and others within Symantec on behalf of the customer.
• Provide single point of contact and hands-on escalation and remediation for critical issues.
• Respond rapidly to unplanned events, including after hours for Severity 1 issues.
• Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
• Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services.
• Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels.
• Keep the Account Team informed of major issues or new opportunities.
• Travel may be required to remote sites on an as-needed basis.
• 3+ years of experience administering, supporting, or consulting on proxy/boundary security suites in a large enterprise customer environment.
• 3+ years of experience using security tools such as: NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, Backtrack, Encase, Helix, FTK.
• Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
• Working knowledge of operating system platforms, routers, web proxies, network protocols, and security architecture.
• Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
• Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
• Superb written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Willingness to work out of normal business hours without prior notice (upon customer demand).
US Citizenship required. TS/SCI is preferred, but not required. Candidates can have as low as Interim Secret.
Ideal candidates will have expertise with the following product(s)/technologies:
• Blue Coat ProxySG devices
• Blue Coat Director/Management Center devices
• Blue Coat Reporter
• Blue Coat Malware/Content Analysis/ProxyAV devices
Additional expertise with the following product(s) is also of value:
• Symantec Critical System Protection (CSP) / Symantec Data Center Security (DCS)
• Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE)
• Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE)
• Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) / Symantec Scan Engine (SSE)
Ideal candidates should have a Security+, Network+, or CISSP in good standing (to meet government certification requirements). Other relevant security certifications that are in good standing may also be acceptable, depending on the role of the consultant.
Former Government/DoD experience is preferred.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.