- Prior experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline. An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software development processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working with the customer or stakeholder to define, document, and implement system requirements.
- Ability to create and execute test cases for peer code testing.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Experience with the following technologies (requirements may vary based on project):
- Windows OS
- Unix/Linux OS
- Java or C++
- Groovy on Grails or Similar Technologies
- DoJo Service or Similar Technologies
- Developing Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Spring Framework
- XML tools (e.g., XPATH, XQUERY, DOM, SAX, XSLT)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.