VariQ is seeking a Senior Desktop Support Technician to support the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC.
The contractors will provide on-site maintenance; to include applications, mobile devices, VPN assistance, PC and MAC workstations and printers. Contractors must be able to configure, deploy and troubleshoot workstations, and have experience working with various mobile devices, as well as have a good working knowledge of basic DOS commands.
• Migrate user data.
• Create and Image workstations.
• Install any third party applications that may be required.
• Configure workstation with profile information.
• Configure workstation for printing.
• Remove replaced equipment for inventory purposes.
• Provide technical assistance to users for environment supported software and hardware.
• Interface with VIP staff, management and senior management in order to meet the project goals as outlined within this SOW.
• Report any issues or problems to staff in charge of implementing this project within a timely manner.
• Attend staff meetings outlining project specifications, issues and deployment strategies.
• Respond timely to incidents and service request
• Utilize the CTS Remedy System for incident and service request tracking.
• Capture and report daily work hours to management.
• Report directly to designate staff but have the ability to work supervised and unsupervised as needed.
• Travel to the outlined locations within the House environment.
• Able to interact with executive-level customers and management in resolving technical problems on an emergency basis.
• Staff in installing and using environment supported software, including messaging client software, word processors, web browsers, anti-virus software, and in house developed applications.
• Provide support for application software installation and use.
• Provide Mobile Device Support.
• Maintain the knowledge base for all Supported Software and a working knowledge of hardware and communication products.
• Serve as a resource for solving user problems requiring an advanced level of technician support.
• Work closely with other HIR groups to support current technology.
• Interact with other HIR groups as appropriate to efficiently respond to user requests/problems. Partners with vendors to identify and resolve problems.
• Confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems.
• Perform other official duties as assigned.
The designated contractor must be able to troubleshoot PCs, Apples Computers, iOS mobile devices, printers, and multifunction devices on site with executive level customers. The contractor must possess an advanced level of knowledge of solving end user support needs for Windows 10, Windows 7, MS Office 2012 – 2016/O365. We also need strong foundational knowledge of physical, network, and application layers to troubleshoot workstation problems. Foundational knowledge of Mac OS for Apple computers is also a core need.
Candidate Specific Requirements:
Candidate Certificate Requirements:
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.