VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Developer, Web Software - Intermediate to support the U.S. Postal Service in Herndon, VA.
The client seeks a Developer, Web Software - Intermediate whom under general direction, develops Web based applications, including online customer service, to enable agency components to deliver their services online.
Develops the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the web-site.
Provides support for the implementation of interfaces to Web-based applications.
Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Strong knowledge of one or more of the following skillsets:
Working knowledge of one of more of the following qualifications:
• Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
• Assist team with preparation of cost estimates
• Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
• Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in business analysis, software development and/or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in software development and testing, preferably using different methodologies and lifecycles (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc);
• Extensive experience evaluating software designs against business and technical requirements to ensure correctness;
• General familiarity and experience with project management methodologies/disciplines, especially in the areas of scope, cost and schedule management;
• Extensive experience leading small teams and/or technical projects in the successful completion of assigned goals/objectives;
• Extensive experience writing and reviewing a broad range of technical documentation, especially technical specifications and design documents;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.