- Significant experience installing, configuring and maintaining numerous security tools and technologies to include the following (and/or comparable) security technologies:
- SIEM - McAfee ESM and/or Splunk
- McAfee IDS/IPS
- Imperva Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Symantec EndPoint Protection
- Symantec Data Loss Protection (DLP)
- FireEye HX
- CDM Phase II (CyberArk, SailPoint, Splunk)
- StealthINTERCEPT and others as needed
- Absolute Computrace
- Provide security integration engineering support for the O&M of the CDC's monitoring infrastructure and security tool suite to consisting of applications listed above.
- Implement new security builds; troubleshooting performance issues; and adding, removing, and/or modifying rules and signatures for the CDC’s infrastructure tools.
- Integrate the CDC security applications to support CDC processes.
- Provide support for data calls covering CDC security applications configuration, craft responses to internal and external auditors\Information System Security Officer (ISSO) data requests and enterprise change control requests.n Security Operations Center environment, exceptions may apply based on other factors
- 10+ years of experience as a Hands-On Lead of Security Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a Security Operations Center environment.
- As needed (not often), provide after hours and weekend support.
- Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET
Bachelors of Science (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or a related area.
- CISSP (required).
- ITIL (preferred).
- MCSE (preferred).
- Unix/Linux (preferred).
- Experience at the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Previous security engineering experience at a Federal agency similar in size, scope, and complexity.
- ServiceNow experience.
- O365 experience.
- Security architecture.
- PowerShell scripting experience – specifically, be able to modify/expand it.
- Coding experience using C+ and JAVA.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.