- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience required.
- Experience with large scale databases, leading database teams, including data migration, transformation and O&M.
- Strong understanding and experience in AWS architecture (EC2, S3, Redshift)
Understanding and experience in BI/Data Warehouses, Data Marts and Data Lakes
- Penchant for working in fast-paced, collaborative environments with a strong affinity for innovation.
- Strong Agile/Scrum fundamentals and experience
- Tech Stack: Java, .Net, Oracle, Adobe, Apache, AWS Cloud, Hadoop, Spark, GreenPlum, DB2, and MongoDB
- Experience in inventorying dataset, developing and maintaining data models, catalogs, and ontologies, and
- Experience in data management including data quality, standards, performance, and data lifecycle.
- Experience in transitioning large datasets and data systems into the cloud is highly desirable
- Oracle, MSSQL, geospatial datasets and repositories
- Familiarity with the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) is a plus
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.