- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication; interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- High integrity, reliability and trustworthiness
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, Agile methods, and DevOps
- Experience building systems with many software components
- Experience with open source Java technologies/tooling (Spring, Ant, Maven, Gradle, JUnit, Tomcat)
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL/Miranda, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, etc.)
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, GSA, Endeca, etc.)
- Experience with Messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, zeromq, JMS, etc.)
- Experience with ESB technologies (Mule, WSO2, Apache Camel, iWay, etc.)
- Experience with Linux OS (Ubuntu, RedHat, Gentoo, etc.)
- Experience with Unix Shell Scripting and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (SAFe, SCRUM, etc.)
- Experience deploying high-availability applications on AWS
- Experience building well-architected cloud infrastructure including concepts such as serverless / micro-services architecture, containerization, etc.
- Working knowledge or broad experience with SVN, GIT, Jira, Bamboo and Confluence
NICE TO HAVE:
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience in CMS and portal-based enterprise solutions
- Real-world experience in Liferay architecture
- Experience building SOA, Web Services, Microservices
- Experience implementing high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience building high-availability clustered environments
- Ability to work hands-on with teams to resolve technical issues
- Ability to quickly gain a good understanding of new technologies
- AWS Certifications (Certified Solutions Architect, Certified Developer)
- Paid company holidays
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Health, Dental, Vision Life and Disability Insurance
- Opportunity to join a vibrant, talented and welcoming team
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.