Required Experience and Abilities:
- Mastery of, and fluency in, the NIST SP 800-3X series and SP 800-18, and a solid understanding of all other NIST FISMA issuances, as well as federal statute, security-relevant OMB circulars and memoranda, federal information processing standards, and other federal security doctrines.
- Ability to participate as a senior member of a technical team that is performing audit support, and SSP process and artifact design and development. Note that the actual SA&A lifecycle is managed by another group, and is not part of this job. Instead, this is a specialized team with a strong emphasis on technical expertise in just these areas, even if they do contribute to the SA&A lifecycle.
- Ability to tailor information security processes and tools, based on ever-evolving and changing landscapes, doctrine, and risk scenarios.
- Proficiency in performing work in a federal agency that has FISMA, OMB Cybersecurity & Privacy, and NIST SP/FIPS compliance requirements.
- Fluency in both spoken and written US English, including the ability to work with highly technical and specialized content. Must be able both prepare and deliver such content, verbally and in writing, but also comprehend such content from others, in both spoken and written form.
- Ability to prepare deliverables with sufficient quality such that very few minor, or no, edits are required to be made prior to conveyance to the client.
- Quickly review the work products of others, employ your own knowledge of federal security doctrine, and ensure that timely and accurate feedback and recommended edits are delivered to the author(s). All work products should be ready for delivery to the client after only one review has been performed.
Years of Experience: At least 10 years of federal information security experience. At least three years involving audit support with demonstrated leadership roles.
Professional Certifications: Candidates must hold one or more of the following certifications (or equivalents): Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or CompTIA Security+.
Clearance: Candidates will have to be favorably adjudicated for access to Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) / Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) following background suitability and records check.
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.