- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to receive Public Trust clearance
- Ability to build, maintain and troubleshoot relational databases using Microsoft SQL Server 2008/12/16 and in writing SQL scripts and advanced stored procedure programming required
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 platforms, Internet Information Server 5.0/6.0 configuration and the server-grade system hardware
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain and customize J2EE based applications
- Good understanding and experience of Application Server development, middleware integration, and COTS product integration
- Expert knowledge of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs using OAuth
- Good understanding and experience using third-party tools (Postman, Fiddler, Chrome Dev Tools, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Eclipse IDE for Java development
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Demonstrates strong (verbal and written) communication skills
- Performs work necessary to design, implement, maintain, or modify systems for solving problems or accomplishing work processes through web-based application development.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science/systems, information systems/technology, engineering/engineering technology, software engineering/programming, management, natural sciences, social sciences, mathematics or business/finance.
Education and experience requirements may be substituted with:
- A Master’s Degree (in subjects described above) and eight years of the general experience of which at least six years must be a specialized experience.
- No degree and thirteen years of general experience.
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.